Who this service is for:
For non-Japanese speakers who need to file tax returns in Japan:
We are a professional tax accounting office providing services to foreigners and foreign companies in Japan. We provide support in filing tax returns (“kakutei shinkoku”) in English.
- ②People with Foreign Income
- ③People who do Business in Japan
Compared to large accounting firms, our fees are very modest, while providing the same high level of service and expertise.
You may be eligible for a tax refund if you apply for foreign tax credit. We also assist people who invest in foreign countries whilst living in Japan.
Even if you are not required to file a tax return in Japan, it is often beneficial to do so in order to receive a tax refund.
Why do you need this service:
It can be exceedingly difficult for foreigners file their own tax returns in Japan. Mistakes may trigger extensive and burdensome inquires by the Japanese tax authority. You might incur unnecessary losses or fail to take advantage of key tax benefits if your tax accountant is not skilled in international taxation.
In recent years, we have seen an increase in the number of tax investigations brought against foreigners. In these instances, additional taxes and penalties are often imposed. We provide full support to our customers, including how to navigate and avoid tax investigations.
Why choose us?
- ①Extensive Experience
- ②Our Strengths
After gaining extensive experience working for Ernst and Young, our lead certified tax accountant specializes in rendering international tax and accounting services in English for foreign firms and individuals in Japan. Our service is characterized by its professional, yet friendly approach.
- We have extensive knowledge of international taxation and can prepare your tax return in a timely manner.
- We ensure your tax liability is the minimum amount required by law.
- We provide full support, including support for tax investigations.
Kaori is only one of a handful of independent tax accountants in Tokyo that are genuinely fluent in English and have a “Big 4” firm background. She is professional, personable and very good at explaining the intricacies of Japanese tax law, regulation and practice, in simple plain English: that makes her a very valuable resource.”
→Link to other client testimonials
Our fee for individual tax filing is from 120,000yen.
Average fees for expats (income less than 30 million yen/live in Japan less than 5 years) are 230,000yen.
Please see our fee schedule for individual tax return.
- Please makes inquiries through completing our “Free Estimate” form.
If your case is particularly complex, we may contact you directly to ask additional questions.
- We will send you a fee estimate within 2 business days.
- If you agree with our estimate, we will send a service agreement and invoice. Please return the agreement to us with your signature and transfer half the amount of the invoice to our bank account as a deposit.
- We will begin preparing your tax return as soon as you submit the required documents.
- We will notify you when our work is complete and explain the details of your tax return. Upon receiving your approval, we will file your tax return online. The remaining balance for our services is due upon filing.
All inquiries maybe made in English, so please feel free to contact us at any time.